Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tbt-->To a wonderful weekend getaway!!

Wow, what a wonderful weekend getaway. I'm sure you've heard me talk about theses two jems.

Dan and Rachel

We went to their house for the weekend. The girls went to their dads Friday after work, so we jumped in the car and made the 6 hour trek to Maryland. I hung in there for a while but eventually fell asleep, leaving Phil to drive in solitude. We arrived around 11pm and definitely had some fireside catching up to do....it was a late night to say the least.


We found a gluten free pancake recipe and spiced em up with chocolate chips, who can argue with that?


And then off to the gym (downstairs) to run and stretch...my shin splints have been acting up so I had to call it a day after my first 2 intervals...3 miles total.

We had a fun filled day planned. First up a local winery. The tasting was moved inside the fermentation room since it was so cold here. We enjoyed the Cabernet Franc so we grabbed a bottle to share and chat. This paired lovely with some cheese and crackers-minus the crackers for me. It was Olympic trial day so I rudly checked my phone every couple of minute for updates!


From one great place to the next, we certainly had the best tour guides of Fredrick. We did some downtown shopping and playing-the boys found a toy store while Rachel and I perused and day dreamed about the $400 dresses at Silk & Burlap. A girl can pretend, cant she?


We had reservations at Family meal so this "shopping" was short lived. Dinner was excellent to say the least.

The mulled wine was fabulous!

We snuggled in for the night and I was super excited for Valentines day! 
We started the day with brunch, another fantastic restaurant, 


and then headed off to the Maryland division 1 gymnastics meet. Only fitting since both Rachael and I are former gymnasts...NOT division one college gymnastics, for me-these gals are insane.


We made our way home to have some experimental cocktails and a lovely homemade meal inspired by Food and wine magazine.

 

The boys didn't waste anytime discussing finances, this is their passion FOR SURE! Any chance they get to sneak away and compare spread sheets and investments and talk prospective properties...we are certainly lucky to have them in charge of our monies.


I know how much phil enjoys financial planning. Any chance he gets to optimize our life to better position ourselves for retirment, he does. I can be a little hard to talk to about the intricicies of investing. Lets face it, my passion is running. Well since it's valentines day what better gift can I give my husband than investing myself into his passion (you see what i did there?). So here oyu have it my gift to him

Click here!

Our love day ended with some pictionary and password by the fire.

I'm sad it was just a weekend, next time we will have to plan a longer stay! We made it home and scooped up the kidos right away...I love them so very much!


3 comments:

  1. I love re-living our life through your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys! So thankful for you both! Thanks for coming down:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so awesome to have you guys here. How is your training going?

    ReplyDelete