Monday, February 8, 2016

Sunday Funday!!

Sunday Funday!!

Let’s back up for just a minute….I knew I had to put in a long run this weekend but when? Sat or Sunday? I was extra tired from working so much the week before and like every week not getting enough sleep. So as I lie in bed sat am ~630 am thinking about whether to join the lake effect run club for an early 8am run, I quickly dismissed that craziness and rolled over. Then a couple of bright eyed giggly girls jumped upon me and bam it was already 8. We have big plans for the day, so after some much needed snuggle time.

I headed to the treadmill to snag a quick 30 mins,





hit the shower and then off to bowling. We rocked that place!!


Actually we don’t bowl, so I’m really happy for the family of high scorers.


After two games, some chicken fingers and French fries, and lots of impromptu dance sessions we called it a day.


Well not quite. Chili cook off at Greg’s house was happening and you bet we had to get in on that fun…then called it a day!

This brings us to the title above- At Greg’s I had a little chat with my running buddy Kevin and discussed his running strategies for the week. He let me in on the couch potato 5K that was happening on Sunday and invited me to join. His plan was to beat his 5K PR and run 19:25-whoa! I checked the weather and was in! I decided to run from my house to the race, register, hydrate, race, then run home. It sounded like a good plan, but what I didn’t anticipate was the reality of running home on such heavy legs post 5k racing (24:45)…. Especially since the boys invited me to do a 2.5 mile ‘cool down’ post-race.  I powered through and ended up with a just over a 10 mile run.

The warm sun felt sooo good in my time of death


The highlight was this lovely picnic upon my arrival!!


Then some friends for a day of play. Tree climbing, chase, hide n go seek, freeze tag, dress up, tea party, pop the pig, coloring, more chasing-a few cookies, lots of carrots and goulash for dinner. Shower time and bed right in time for the half time show!

And I wonder why I am in love with coffee? Yawwnn!


3 comments: