Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The shoe results are in!!! annnd 5 random thoughts...

Whats the result of the shoe competition you ask?

Well disappointingly I must say, neither is a winner. I found subtle issues with both and although subtleties can be ignored in the beginning, once you start putting in some significant mileage the minor issues become annoying problems.





Ok, first the Zoom Pegasus: these are awesome! I loved them. Love the look, love the fit, love the cushioning. They are light weight and smooth. My tiny aversion is to the narrow toe room. Not like cramped, can't breathe, Toe numbing, squashing. Just a very subtle pinching of  my toes and my big toe rubbed the top of the shoe on my left foot, which would equal blisters, if not complete nail removal at the end of my marathon-which is something I am definitely trying to avoid.


Next up Lunarglide: These sneaks were also cool looking and they do glide. They are also lightweight, but too supportive. There is a stability form within the lateral aspect of the shoe which pushes me to pronate. This creates lower leg pain/shin splints in me. No good.


So as I anticipated I had to go back to 'ol faithful Ascics Cummulus


Welcome back lovelies...here's to ~500 more miles before I repeat the same process again.

5 random thoughts?

Do you jump in an ice bath after long runs for faster recovery? My research has just begun on this and once I try it, I'll let you know what I think.



Kettlebell strength training. This is a full body work out for me. My goals are to focus on stability and overall strength. I'm just wondering if I need to include weight lifting for my strength training?


Track vs treadmill for speed work? Track is outside, which is a triple no wait quadruple plus. Downside? If I go in the same direction for two long it gets painful on the knees and ankles. On the treadmill, if I set the speed it keeps me accountable...no cheating. Downside? It's a treadmill, it's inside, people look at me in the gym because my feet smack the platform with Clydesdale's strength...ummmm, it's a treadmill!

How do I control my eating after my long runs? I want to eat ALL of the things! I may be the only person training for a marathon who gains weight.


Well this is embarrassing....don't you hate it when you loose your thought? There were 5 things I'm sure, it's in the title, but right now it has escaped me.


Your thoughts?
Tell me what you prefer for recovery....ice baths anyone?
What strength exercises do you do?
Track vs treadmill?
Fooooooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment