Sunday, November 8, 2015

This blurry week

Now that I'm getting back into the running scene, I'm learning to ease back in. I was pretty sore after that half marathon so I called Sarah right away for a massage. By Wednesday I felt ready to run again. I'm very fearful that I'll  re-injure myself so I held off. I met with Brent and he worked on strengthening my hips some more. He gave me some homework and I'm ready for the challenge. My plan is to work up 20 miles/week and start training for my training...I get so excited.

I met up with my friend Tracie who is an awesome long distance runner. We caught up while we ran 8 miles with an over all 8:40 pace.





We started off a little fast for my taste-she's a superstar 3:12 marathon runner. So at mile three I had to slow it down a touch. She's been dealing with a nagging injury and has been super busy with wedding planning and honeymoon bliss that she's excited to get back to running too. We need to make this a weekly date, especially if it ends with core!
It was Halloween, so after our date. I scooted home to get ready for trick or treating.
It's Dad's weekend so I picked up my Zombie Bride and Wicked witch of the west from his house and off we went.
My bestie Jules came along for the fun.
I was sad to see them go but dad was waiting. We went to the annual Halloween party at our friend Jim's house and met up with this fine crowd.

I think our costume choice was the best but thats because it was MY idea ;-)

Sunday was a day of rest for me, I literally did nothing. My stomach has been acting up so I nurtured it with some soup and tea and indulged in some American Horror Story.

Monday was my weekly date with Brent and we got right to work on some kettlebell training-I love how an hour with him just flies by and I work my butt off. He gave me some exercises to do at home and is proud of my successes. I have scheduled 4 kettlebell classes this month and am excited to add that to my routine.

I'm on night shift for part of this week so the rest of the week went by in a blurr. I ran a quick 4 miler before night shift on Tuesday and canceled my 8mile run on Wedensday with Julie due to more stomach issues (more on that later). I flipped from working overnights back to dayshift just in time for my long weekend stretch of 4 12hr days Friday-Monday and ending with an 8hr day on Tuesday = 56hrs and I'm counting down. This leads me to ask for your forgiveness in the gaps between posts, I'm sure you can understand why.

I do however have some goals for November that I plan on posting all over to keep me on track



What were some of your favorite Halloween costumes this year?
What are some of your running/fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment