Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week-recap

So last post was my 40th!! My husband recognized it as a mile stone right away and made this:

In the shape of a shoe!




What can I say? It’s been an incredible week. I think it might be partly due to this contest…yup, we started it again, or maybe because we are traveling to Florida for the holiday? Either way my mojo IS working.

Let me remind you what the weight loss challenge is all about here


Last time I won! Not because I lost the most weight, but i accumulated the most points overall. In fact, I think I lost the least amount of weight of all the participants. But it definitely kept me on point with my diet and exercise. 

My nightly salad routine-yumm!


Let’s do a week recap Sunday was a nice 8 mile run down a gravel path along the Erie Canal. We turned off the path into a park with a wooded path surrounding two lakes. The trees still had some leaves and it smelled wonderful. we ran the lakes and back out to the trail home. I love loop runs. I can’t help but mention the company. Running in a group is way more entertaining than running solo. A couple weeks ago I started a run group on face book which encompasses a wide variety of running talent. A handful of us met at the canal and started off at various paces. What we all had in common was our individual goals.  

We all finished the 8 miles and congratulated each other. 

Monday- Brent 1 hour long training session followed by kettle bell class…whoa-that was rough. Not sure I’ll do back to back sessions again. It took me til Friday to feel normal again.

Tuesday-I introduced myself to my treadmill again, just 15 mins, I didn’t wanna overdo it and get off on the wrong foot.


Wednesday- A quick 3 miles around the block-boy my legs were tired

Thursday-A second date with the treadmill, again 15 mins

Friday-Speed work. One mile warm up, 400 sprints- 400 jogs X6, one and a half mile cool down for a total of 5.25 miles 8:16 average pace. My sprints were between 6:45 and 7min pace.

I loved running the track in the dark

Saturday-90 minute Kettle bell class-I will embrace the soreness now.

Sunday-10 miles with the running group and a different mix again-which was great.


My goal was 8:40 but it was so windy and cold it took me a couple miles to find my groove. We ended up at a 9:06 pace. I have all winter to hit these goals so I’m not that disappointed.

26 miles total for the week! This is the most I’ve ran since my injury so I AM HAPPY!

Tell me about your week…

No comments:

Post a Comment