Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Finding time

Apparently I've been talking about wanting to blog relentlessly. My husband did his research and set this up for me and told me to get to work! I know what I wanna write about...EVERYTHING! But how do you find the time?
Well, I realized the time is always there, its the prioritization that I'm lacking. So here it goes My first actual post...How's it going so far?





I'm a runner, I like running, it gives me peace. I'm not a record breaking, award winning, BQ type of runner (although now that I wrote those words perhaps that should be one of my goals-ha!), But I run. I'm a mom of two young girls, I manage a group of NP's and PA's in the ICU at our local hospital, I'm a wife and a good friend to many. More about me here. What does that equate too? A full schedule. Wanna have dinner? Ok lets plan two months in advance-seriously its that bad. Don't take this as complaining, because I am certainly very grateful for my busy life, this just brings us to the title of this post...finding time. I now am making a priority in my life to find time to share all of my goals, dreams, aspirations, failures, injuries, and lessons learned with you.

So where am I at right now? I ran the buffalo marathon two years ago. I swore I'd never run another one again, kinda like childbirth, but I have two girls, so you can see where this is going. I registered for the Marine Corp Marathon lottery but didn't get picked and felt very sad about that, which told me that I really did want to run another marathon. I promptly registered for the Niagara falls marathon before that feeling went away and started doing my homework.

I don't want to just finish a marathon this time I would like to feel better during it. I want to become more efficient....and of course, faster. I can be a lil competitive. I read Run Less Run Faster, which can be found here and came up with a plan. My goal time was 4:10. I started doing some of the training runs before training actually began (I was getting super excited) and am proud to lower my goal time to an even 4hrs! Please hold me accountable to this...Yup it is now your responsibility not mine.


There's just one problem. I now find my self with an injury...




What keeps you busy?

What are your favorite running books/blogs?

What's your next race goal time?

Have you ever had an injury?

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Great post and cute headband too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I always said you should write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, I hope you get all healed up. I was in the process of getting back into running after about a decade off and I ended up hurting myself. Here I am three years later and my knee has never been the same. It is most likely PFPS, but yeah... it stuck.

    I hope you get all healed up. No back foot striking!

    ReplyDelete