Thursday, October 22, 2015

Just another day

I'm well taken care of even when my husbands out of town!
It was Julie's and Christians Anniversary, so I offered up my babysitting skills so they could have dinner alone. Without a second thought they took me up on it. I got home from work on time for once and had some alone time with laureate-I swear she soaks up every minute. We headed to the school to pick up Allison and had a lovely walk home.

 Even though she is 7 going on 13 she still holds my hand every so often. I'm never letting go. 



I put beef stew fixings in the crock pot and we made brownies. 


Most of the batter went in the pan, I swear. Audrey and Thatcher were dropped off and we had 3 hours of non-stop play. We took some time out to eat, and then back to hide n seek. The giggle level was through the roof. Laureate asked for a brownie for desert and Audrey says, "A brownie? What's that?"...Oh dear, she's in for a TREAT! Audrey doesn't sleep very well at night so we try and stay away from sugar, but this time I couldn't resist. I wont be known for my skittles anymore, haha!


Julie and Christian showed up promptly at 8:30pm, sadly lil' man was fast asleep. 


Audrey doesn't want to go home, so she protests, but I'm sure it's the brownie talking. Christian gives me the gift of pumpkin beer and had an inkling that I needed coffee. I was so confused, my coffee pot literally had water and an empty filter in it waiting for the grounds. I was all out and I couldn't run to the store with all four kidos since my car would only hold three. Leaving one home would not be an option, humor. I quickly thought that husband of mine was behind all of this. So I asked a bazillion questions, did he text you, yeah of course he did, no-he didn't? Then how could you possibly know? Oooh your psychic-not likely I would have known by now, you know we've been friends for years, certainly you woulda rescued me with your psychic powers much earlier in our friendship. This banter went on for a while- mostly in my head. Then Julie speaks up. "We went to Wegmans after dinner because we had a 1/2hr left of our date night and where else would a couple go on their wedding anniversary? Wegmans!!" There they ran into Kevin who was picking up coffee for a stranded mom at home with four kids. ME! (he must have gotten the instructions from Phil) Julie certainly wouldn't let Kevin go out of his way so she politely took the coffee and delivered it.
It takes a village...

As they were leaving Julie told me when they were pulling into the driveway and there was a little girl running from my house to a car that speed away...huh? At 8:30 at night? That's crazy. We have cameras on the house, so I called Phil to review the footage (its actually very cute). They left and I tucked the girls in and kissed them good night. As I walked down the stairs there was a knock on the door. Naturally I screamed and jumped to the ceiling. I got it together and looked out the front door window-no one was there.

 I opened the door to find


So cute!


I showed the girls and they just had to sleep with it. "We just got ding dong dashed with a treat!" Allison says. Now we must reciprocate to two other neighbors, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment