Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Perspective

I've been so consumed by my own schedule and my injury and trying to solve my problem that I haven't been in touch with my favorite blogger that I follow. So after a month or so hiatus, I checked up on her. I know she has a marathon coming up and her goal was to hit a sub 3hr marathon....super amazing right?! I'm sure she's getting excited.
I had a free moment and logged on. Oooh nooo!! I found out she's sick. She had some GI issues, bad enough to prevent her from running. All that training all that hard work and just like that she's out of the race. My heart broke. My eyes welled up and my breathing quivered. I continued to read and she's all positive thoughts, full of inspirational optimism . Her training wasn't a waste because there's another race, at another time, that she will run, after she's healed and better.
I immediately thought of myself and my shin problems. The roller coaster of emotions I have felt throughout this process came to light. My goals and aspirations were put on hold, and although it has been quite frustrating, it has been even more enlightening. My leg is healed and it's time to start training again. I found the problem and am able to fix it. And she will too.




We are endurance athletes, we push ourselves to the limits and beyond. If we want to see how far we can go we must except the set backs, and learn from the journey.
I'm back to the beginning and am ready to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment