Saturday, December 5, 2015

Holiday week

What a great holiday week we had!
I'm so sad around the holidays most years that I'm so far away from my family. I'm extra greatful this year we were able to load up my household and join the clan in Florida.It really is very hard dealing with divorce and two seperate households when it comes to the kids but sometimes things just work out and I am super lucky for that.

We went to Legoland and had a blast riding all the coasters and hanging with the cousins.
This certainly primed us  up for Disney Land next summer!




We grabbed a well deserved dinner on the way back to grandmas at 'Red Hot Chilli Peppers' aka Chillis.


We got up super early the next am to run the Tampa Turkey Trot, because your not really a runner if you don't run the holiday races-haha! This was a great race along the water. Out and backs are my favorite, seeing the elite runners finishing fast is so inspiring.

I won this top finishers tumbler for, coming in top 50 female (out of ~1700 runners).
This was a PR for sure 24:02. 


Seeing my sister finish brought tears to my eyes she worked so hard! 


We all gathered at my aunts house for dinner and the kids had a blast playing and swimming. 


Allison's been hiding from the camera lately, but I got her!

Friday was a nice relaxing day with more swimming...don't let them fool you, the water was freezing. Even too cold to dip my feet in. 



We took a break for a little afternoon movie time,"The good dinosaur".



Then wrapped up the day with some Mexican deliciousness. I ate my food too fast to grab a photo ;)

I'm sure you read about our 20 hour journey down, but if not catch up here. I'm so proud of these two girls for being patient, happy and self entertaining the whole ride back as well. We left at 4 am and the girls and I slept for the next 3hrs in the car while Phil drove us out of Florida. One by one we crossed the boarders of each state to the north. It was a longer trek home with all of the holiday traffic. I continued to eat well, even though I was teased by the constant flow of snacks to the kids. I graciously accepted my rice cakes, carrots and humus while they devoured Oreos, cheddar popcorn, Doritos, christams tree cakes and fruit snacks...anything to keep them happy, its vacation rules right?!

We again stopped and Dan and Rachels for the night and was met with a second Thanksgiving spread. They are so generous. We slept til almost 9 the next am geesh, and I got a quick 3 mile run in on their treadmill before heading home. Every treadmill is a bit different to me so for this workout I started off at 6.5 mph to warm up and settled in at 7mph with a 0.5 mile sprint at 8 mph and 0.5 mile rest x2.

Home sweet home! One of my favorite things is a spotless home when returning from vacation.


How was your holidays??
Are you able to keep on track with your healthy eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment