Saturday, December 12, 2015

One birthday down

One birthday down and one to go! We have two December babies, then Christmas. Typically I didn't get the Christmas tree until after Allison's birthday which is the 17th in order to keep the two separate, but that puts way too much pressure on me to get everything done in just a week. Combine that with my work and running schedule = high anxiety. I am a perfectionist overall.

So this year we changed it up and I'm very happy with the results. 



This is our tree and we love it. 


Laureate was at her dads on her birthday but I was able to scoop her up for a quick date. We got our nails done, of course and then grabbed a bite to eat. 


They clapped and sang to her and brought her this ginormous sundae...



After completely melting in her chair all she could say was , "Seriously mom?...Are you seriously serious?" clearly she turned 15 not 5. She opened her presents which made her sister super jealous and turned the evening into important lessons in life covering topics of unfairness, patience, and gratefulness. I hope it sticks. Lastly we assessed our growth for the year and was impressed with the ~ 4inches-Geesh.


We have a joint birthday party coming up this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!

This was a rest day after completing 10 miles at 9:05 pace the day before. I just can't seem to nail that 8:40 goal yet. I started off fast 8:20/8:25/8:30/8:45...then 9:05-9:35 with a headwind on the way back. I ran alone this time which was good for my soul.



Who else has December birthdays?
Do you mind having Christmas mixed in with your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment