Sunday, December 6, 2015

Staying focused

Even on our Florida trip I was on point. I ate really well and was able to get a few short runs in. I was actually under my calorie goals on Thanksgiving day!! Running in the am is like cheating My fitness Pal into giving you more food for the day.  Unfortunately the following day I went over, mostly due to movie popcorn and some fajitas...totally worth it! Being in the car all day gave me a lot of time to think about my goals. I cant even imagine running  marathon right now let alone at Boston qualifying speed. These thoughts are not allowed in my head. I choose to acknowledge them and move on.
I didn't quite accomplish my November goals, so I decided to make a small adjustment.





I hit a total of 50 miles for the month- I blame being 10 miles shy of my goal on the devil in my stomach and not running for a whole week in the beginning of the month. I hit up one spin class and came close to a 10 mile sub 9min pace but the wind was rough off the lake that day so it was really 9:06 pace. I did 4 strength, however did not get one per week- super picky huh? I definitely got my sub 8 min pace 5K!



Seeing the snow in this picture makes me grateful for the warm weather we've been having....Winter running Brrrrr!
I've been running on the treadmill more so that we can become better friends. I've decided to use headphones while I watch TV and its much more enjoyable for me.

It's blurry because I'm so fast-not! My photographer is 7

 
Monkey see monkey do! 

 

This was fun...I took an evening to prepare my meals for the week. I'm off dairy and gluten for my stomach issues which makes planning a necessity.



I plan to finish out the week with a spin class and a long run. Strength training is a must so I need to hold myself more accountable...help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment