Thursday, August 27, 2015

A little surprise

Its an early some what cool morning, and I'm too lazy to make coffee.
FYI-this only happens when Phil is out of town because he ALWAYS makes my coffee in the am. Its the most amazing aroma that floats into my shower and magically appears on the bathroom sink... I digress.


So I stop at Dunkin to garb a medium hot coffee with two and two. I understand that this is a poor habit because not only is it a waste of $2.32 when the coffee at home is free ;-) but its terrible for me with all that extra sugar and real cream.....I typically use almond milk. Anyway, while secretly punishing myself with a guilty shame spiral (4 am is hard-I can be a little dramatic), I see this amazing sight!!



Crunchy leaves on pavement...I wanted to get out of my car at the drive thru window and run through it! I was patient. I paid for my coffee. Drove around the building. Put my jeep in park and contemplated the next moments of my life. Then I thought of Scott Jurek, and this quote popped in my head, "Sometimes you just do things" He uses this quote to push himself harder, to finish a race, to remove the negative and dig deep ....I used it to feel joy! Sometimes you just get out of your car and run through a dunkin donuts parking lot at 4:30 am.
Suddenly I became a child, the smell of autumn and the crisp cool air got to me. I felt Joy!

Now I crave pumpkin coffee, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread-with chocolate chips, of course (hint hint-mom)...anything pumpkin actually and am definitely looking forward to apple picking, apple cider, and the apple festival!

Look how little they were last year!

Please don't hate me for wishing away summer, embrace the future of Fall!!

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice to find new articles on your blog and hear about things you don't even tell me about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, life is the best when you can find joy in anything! I am loving the cool nights and open windows. Pumpkin cravings .....mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now wait...how are there two Shellie Rizza's? Who's as greatful for fall as me??

      Delete