Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Just go

How is it the middle of January already?



I'm not sure what happened. One day its like this the next its like spring. I have been doing alot of relaxing lately and a lot less running and strength training. Is this good or bad you ask? Well, I'm not sure yet but I'll let you know very soon. I sat down with a good ol' fashioned piece of paper and a calender to set up my marathon training plan today and suddenly felt an enormous amount of anxiety. I will definitely do one speed work, one tempo run, one long run and one strength training per week. I've come to embrace the necessity of becoming stronger. Creating a plan in pen and paper makes it much more palatable for me.

I had some time off in my bank at work and since its been slow and 'you better use it or lose it' i decided to do the former. I took some days off and was dedicating my time to getting back into the running rhythm. Lets just say my plans fell through. I enjoyed my time with the girls and REALLY did not want to run AT ALL. So, I didn't. Ok, just once. It was a disaster with a happy ending. We took down the Christmas tree and as Phil dragged it to the curb he forced me to go outside 'even if its just for one mile-go run!' I felt the guilt and so I did. I promised the girls I'd be back to get them and we could run around the block together when I was finished. Pretty view, right?




I turned on my Garmin and as I was waiting for the satellites to do their thing the low battery message appeared-great. So I came back in and downloaded Nike running app. After I answered all the questions and got completely frustrated with the LOADING I decided not to waist anymore time and not record this run. With my shuffle playing the usual tunes I headed around the block then...silence. Great, Just Great! No garmin, no Nike, no music? Just me and the road? Then my phone rang but as I ignored the call, I saw the Nike app was working-I hit 'begin run' at about 1.25 miles in and decided to double check my shuffle. Darn headphones were unplugged-sweet! Things are turning around! I stopped for a minute to remove my top layer and saw I was running pretty strong (even though its been a while) and decided to go a little further. By the time I got home the sun was setting and my two girls were dressed and ready to go. We took a quick 0.6mile jaunt around the block and finished with a happy 5.75 miles. This was way better than the 'just 1' I was planning on.



So why is it so hard to get out that door? I don't understand. Every single time I look back at how silly I was for making excuses or putting it off. More so, everytime I'm thrilled when I'm done. I feel good, energized, happy.

Here's to happy running

No comments:

Post a Comment