Friday, January 22, 2016

Two great gifts!

The usage of Christmas gifts is in full effect. I took some time off from blogging, simply because I was overwhelmed with the day to day routine. When I had time to sit down and pour out my thoughts on the computer, sleep over ruled that decision, every time. This happened day after day for a couple of weeks around the holidays. Along with no blogging came little to no exercising, no workouts.

The good news it was short lived and I’m Back!

Hi!!



I think its ok to take time away, the only problem for me is, the things that I do for myself, the things that make ME happy are the things that I tend to put on hold first. This is a set up for a cycle of sadness and stress. Exercise is my stress relief, no stress = a happier me. It is the only part of the day that I can be completely internal. I don’t have to talk to anyone, answer any questions, or make any decisions. It’s just me, sore legs, short breath, and dripping sweat. It’s hard some days to convince myself to do the workout, but EVERYTIME I’m done, I feel great!

So here I sit with two of my favorite Christmas gifts


I can carry this little Jem with me anywhere I go and write when I want. (The tablet NOT the wine) I can just toss out an idea and come back to it later. It’s a place to keep all of my pictures, that automatically upload (no more emailing myself, and downloading, then uploading…) to my blog. My husband had it all set up for me which is a huge time saver because I dont get along well with technology. My app’s were all loaded and he made it super easy for me to do my thang!

Now onto his…


We had the makings of a little gym but they weren’t quite put together in an aesthetically pleasing manor. We bought some flooring just before Christmas and I knew the final little pieces of equipment I had purchased for him would definitely make this room come together (The weight racks). His brother Dan was visiting the weekend of Christmas and the two of ‘em got to work. Wahlah-it’s beautiful.  I can run while he lifts and vice versa (This hasn’t happened as of yet, but I feel it coming real soon!). A couple finishing touches will complete the room; like a white board, to have visible goals and successes, and a fan to cool me down because no one wants to slip on my sweat puddle, yuck!

Annnnnd since I’m thinking out loud right now how about a little seating area down here for those girls to watch a movie while I do some long runs? Now that I have my awesome tablet- as mentioned above, to watch Netflix on. It just happens to fit perfectly in the slot on my treadmill. Then they can use the TV that’s already set up where my treadmill used to be.
Pure genious! Phil???


Who wants to join me??
Where do you work out in this cold weather?
How do you get your runs in when it’s too cold/dangerous on the road ways?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you started using that tablet! Nice having a gym downstairs, right? I haven't run in a while, but I will definitely use the machine in this cold. I want to set the bike up.

    ReplyDelete