Sunday, January 17, 2016

Fixing it up

The joys of being a home owner...So far that statement is completely accurate. We have been very fortunate for the past two years of our Platinum Drive home to not have had ANY major issues. No emergency repairs. We once had a leaking sump pump pipe in the yard which was pretty easy to repair by ourselves and so far has held up, and an over flow of the bath tub with water stains on the ceiling, but that's about it.

When we moved in it was just about perfect. The previous owners had very similar taste to us so we didn't do anything to change it.

Over the summer we were walking into the mud/laundry room from the garage. All 4 of us crammed into such a small space. Elbows flying, toes stepped on, children shouting, "she pushed me!," shoes and coats spread across the breakfast room for weeks. And THAT's IT I'M DONE! This has got to change. We had a Saturday free and I glanced at Phil and said, lets get rid of that awful closet in the mudroom. I envisioned a bench for the girls to sit and put on their shoes, baskets to hold their shoes, coat hooks on the wall, baskets for hats and gloves and most of all more space when we walk in the door.

So we got started





We didn't have a specific plan, just what I mentioned in my vision. No real timeline which meant, no real pressure. So that Saturday the closet was gone.

Phil patched the drywall.


I fixed the tile on the floor




We painted together and then decorated.


Some finishing touches and I'm super happy!


No more coats and shoes in the breakfast room? I'll take it!



We worked so well together on this that I was ready to plan the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment