Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back to school

This was a super busy week for us. The hubby and I are going out of town for a long weekend, this means we have to cram a weeks worth of stuff in three days, also SCHOOL STARTS!


Laureate's first day of preschool


She's such a big girl. No tears. No hesitation. She's been waiting for this day all summer and has been 'practicing preschool' with her glitter glue and markers. She picked out her clothes and shoes and was all ready. I was able to sneak out of work for an hour to see her to her classroom for the first time. Allison was such a supportive big sister and helped her put her backpack in her locker and go to the bathroom. As she hugged her goodbye, I heard her whisper, "It's okay sweetie I'll be back to pick you up in a couple hours, go play and have fun." She's going to be a great mom someday. 

I caught one last picture and ran back to work.

 

She was so excited when she got home to tell me all about her new friend and the awesome snack and juice they had...it couldn't have gone better.

The next day was Allison's turn. This year is second grade! Allison had to switch elementary schools, so was feeling a little bit nervous.


My heart breaks for her when she gets this way because I understand the upset belly and lack of hunger all to well. she skipped breakfast, so I placed a mini bagel in her backpack in case she changed her mind. 

She got a new bike to ride to school, since its now right around the corner. 


She has her own lock and we practiced locking and unlocking her bike. 


We hugged and kissed and said our goodbyes and again I flew off to work (In hind sight I should've taken these days off). It was raining when school let out, so I brought the jeep to drive her home in. Nope, she wanted to ride her bike home. Mom, "What if someday no one is here to pick me up and its raining? I need to practice in the rain." So I sucked it up and ran beside her on her bike all the way home...It was refreshing.

Two beautiful girls, two first days, one grateful mom!


How did your first day of school go?
Is your life as crazy as mine..or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment