Monday, September 7, 2015

It's Fair time!

Summer is officially coming to an end.... How do I know? The New York State Fair!

This is annual tradition for us. We get the 'ride all day' wrist bands and go to town. Laureate has grown so much in the past year that she is able to go on most of the big rides that Allison enjoys.
We cant get enough of this crazy mouse.


Our view


 Our family came to town to join us for the weekend, which is always a blast. Grandma Sue musta read my blog because she brought pumpkin bread with chocolate chips!!!! Needless to say its already gone.


I was supposed to work all weekend but again, I have amazing co-workers and was able to switch off Saturday to do the fair thing.  We had 3 objectives, rides, food, repeat...accomplished!

 
When the girls ask for rainbow butterfly's and cheetahs you don't say no. (They only have a limited time of wanting their face painted and I'm soaking it up)



Then there's this...my heart melts every time.


Its so nice to have a big sister when you legs get tired.


After we left the fair at dark, uncle Shiny had a big surprise. He made a fort with tunnels and doors out of gigantic moving boxes-such a blast. He's so creative when it comes to activities for the kids.  Last Christmas it was an entire packaging role of bubble wrap...this was fantastic!


Eileen is amazing, she's a great cook, and made breakfast for the entire crew. She also cleaned the whole house and threw in a load of laundry before saying good bye ( I was at work so I missed the Sunday fun). One last parting gift was left behind, a thoughtful card expressing thanks for our hospitality.

Remember how I said I have a lot to be thankful for? I meant it.


Do you go on rides with your kids?
Which are your favorite ones?
Whats you favorite fair food? fried dough? sausage sandwich? blooming onion?

No comments:

Post a Comment