Saturday, September 12, 2015

Happy Anniversary

It all started at a race. I met my future husband at a trail run with our friend Kevin...Thanks Kev! He was fast, energetic and super nice. I didn't know then that that day would change both our lives. It wasn't that specific day in December but many months later that we grew closer. 

We were training for the Tough Mudder in May of 2012.


That's another day etched in my mind. 
He caught me on Everest and hasn't let go.


I traveled to North Carolina in August of that year to visit my besties and they just had to meet this guy. We flew him down for the weekend to grant me their approval. What can I say, his charming personality, quick whit, and athleticism is a perfect match for me.

 Approval granted. 
This was then and now 3 years later we are excited to celebrate our one year anniversary in the same place.


The night before started with us checking into the hotel with a surprise flower arrangement with our wedding flowers (Phil's favorite Lily), a bottle of wine, and a card with 'paper' in it from yours truly.
After all, the traditional 1 year anniversary gift is paper.


On that paper was a puzzle that needed to be solved before we moved forward with the evening...that's how this relationship works.
We went to the wedding described in a much deserved long weekend.
 

The following morning we enjoyed breakfast in bed along with our cake topper that as a tradition, we saved for the one year mark.


Next up tee time. Phil likes to golf, I have never been, but decided to make the leap and give it a whirl. Southern Pines was a beautiful 18 hole course. I forgot to pack his clubs so we had to share...sorry love! Check out my swing!

It wasn't til after the fact that I was told that my clothing choice was way over dressed and flip flops are a big no, no. Thank you, Southern Pines for allowing me to play anyway!

We met our friends for dinner at The Blue Water Grill.




aaaaannnnd the night was complete with this surprise.

Happy Anniversary Mr Rizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment