Thursday, August 6, 2015

Too much Too soon

Yeah yeah, you knew it didn't you? Too soon to jump back in, huh? Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. "10 slow miles?" What's wrong with you??? When your injured you don't run until the pain is completely gone. Then, and only then, do you run a couple miles...not 10!

You are all right...even you dad. He thinks I'm stubborn and now I can see his point.

My leg hurts, it has a lump. I made an appointment with a local sports medicine doctor because I now realized I can't be trusted to follow my own instincts. I'm clouded by my ambition to get back out there. I don't want to miss anymore training runs.

I visited with a physical therapist in my local hospital and got a full assessment, I spoke to two orthopedic PA's, and a slue of my colleges...they all say the same thing. Rest! Don't run! Ice, Compression, oh and don't run! Insert sad face.

1 comment:

  1. No sad faces! Just and opportunity to get better at other things! Swimming, Biking, Yoga, Etc.

    ReplyDelete