Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rest..or not so much?

So I decided to take this injury seriously. I haven't been so disciplined in the past. I bought a roller and have tried rolling regularly. A little ice here and there and an investment in some purple compression socks and I'm on my way to recovery! I've found that If you ice your sore spot first the rolling doesn't make you scream as loud..seriously ouch! I went for a sports massage and of course rested. Meaning I haven't run on it. I realized I definitely don't get enough massages!!
I continue to do spin class and swim but until it's healed I mustn't test fate.

This is super hard for me. I was in my groove, excited for each longer run. Hitting/ exceeding my target times. Enjoying the encouraging supportive person in my head (sometimes the mental aspect of running can be the hardest) This set back has made me reflect and really deepen my love for the road.

It hasn't gotten much worse in a week of rest. Last week was my scheduled 17 mile long run, but I knew that wouldn't be smart, so I decided to start back slow. I set out for 10 relaxing miles.

I chose a place I've never been to aid in the deflection of the mild ache. 1 mile in and I'm limping. The pains not much worse but I'm definitely limping. I completed the 10 and celebrated with my favorite meal.
Followed by a solo hour or so of kayaking to reflect on my running choice. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.



What's your running schedule this week?

What do you do instead of running when your injured?

How often do you get sports massages?

No comments:

Post a Comment