Friday, August 7, 2015

Excited!


Ready for the good news?!

No stress fracture...phew! I had a lovely experience at CNY Orthopedic Sports Medicine PC. I saw Robert, who was quick to laugh at my inability to refrain from running. He called me a 'typical runner' and said at this point I should only hope that I decided to listen to my body before it was too late...and I did. It was nice to hear someone call me a 'typical runner' even though it was in a negative context. Like I said before, I run, it's what I do, but never really put my self in the category as other runners...but now I have proof! Not only am I a runner, I am a typical one. Hopefully I'll progress to an elite runner at somepoint! A girl can dream, a girl can dream.


PS-If you don't know who Meb Keflezighi and Shalane Flanigan are you really should look them up...amazing!
Look at that stride!!
  Ok-back to me...Robert called me into the exam room soon after I arrived. He did x-rays right in the room with a fluro machine and gave me real time results. There was no obvious fracture but he could feel the hematoma along my tibia from micro tears. He wasn't convinced that I didn't create a stress fracture since my symptoms didn't subside with rest. So he hooked me up with an MRI right away.




The MRI machine was an open one so my experience wasn't that terrible. Bonus-my husband sat next to me for the entire 30 minutes reading me a couple chapters from Eat and Run-have I told you lately how lucky I am?


This is exciting news! My plan for the weekend is to continue spin class, yoga and swimming.
Then hopefully first thing next week I can run a mile.

3 comments:

  1. Ever since Shellie told me about Meb, whenever I'm having a rough time during a run I channel Meb's form and tips and it usually pulls me through the tough spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Eat and Run is an amazing book! I LOVE Scott Jurek, I met him when he came through Boston on the book tour - what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Thats awesome!! Seeing him complete the Appalachian trail in 46 days 8hrs and 7mins (total geek fan) brought crazy tears of inspiration to my eyes.
      My runnning buddy Jules made it a point to tell me that we will NOT become ultra marathoners. I think secretly she knows I can talk her into it ;-)

      Delete