Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Monday mile

My typical day started with an alarm going off at 4am...yawwwwnnn.
Work was busy, lots of ICU admissions throughout the day. I left very excited at 3pm because today is the day! Today I gift myself a mile. I know to you, what's one mile? But to me its the beginning of my ability to start training again. Since its only a mile I planned to do spin class at 6pm. Phil is joining me.
Did you see the yawwnnn at 4am? Yeah, that same yawn followed me to 3pm so when I got home and sat on my bed to change into my running gear, my eyes tricked me into a 45 min nap, sneakers on and all. Does this happen to anyone else?

I sprung up out of bed with a panic...what time is it? what day is it? what have I done? Once all my cognitive faculties were back in order I finished getting dressed and out the door! One mile whoohoo, here we go!


Ummmm, not so much. A 1/4 mile in and here it comes the pain in my lower left leg is creeping back-maybe it has to warm up? Should I go a little further? Nope-it hurts. Gahhhhhh! I turned around and walked home. At this point I'm not sure if I'm more mad or sad.
I pout like a little child and drive to the gym- I did 45mins of strength training, squats, straight leg dead lifts, hamstring curls, and leg extensions. Then off to spin class. Whoa, this was my first class with Sarah at the north YMCA site and boy was she great! The music was good, she was super motivating and really got my mind off my injury.
Walking out of there I was a whole new person than walking in...feeling encouraged.


Can you train for a marathon without actually running? I'm not sure but I don't quit so, I guess that's my next goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment